Families living in Ontario may qualify to have the full or partial amount of their Child Care costs paid.
Aims of the Subsidy Program
- To support parents in their efforts to work or attend school
- To provide eligible families with access to appropriate and convenient licensed child care
- To serve and assist parents so they feel comfortable and have confidence in the care their child is receiving
- To offer respite and resources to families, parents, and children who may be at risk
- To monitor the progress of the children placed in licensed child care settings
- To act as a resource to child care centre staff and to home child care providers.
The Child Care Fee Subsidy program pays for spaces in Child Care Centres, Nursery School and Before and After School Programs that are licensed and monitored by the Ministry of Education.
How to Apply for Subsidy
If you are interested in applying for Child Care Fee Subsidy, you will need to contact the County of Bruce Human Services Department.
A Child Care Case Worker will meet you in an office close to your home in Bruce County. You are required to bring the Federal Notice of Assessment and/or the Canadian Child Tax Benefit Notice. Net income amount is used to determine eligibility.
If you are approved, the Child Care Case Worker will help you choose a child care placement that best suits your needs.
Access the online calculator by clicking the link on the top of the page called "Child Care Fee Subsidy Calculator"