Apply for Housing

Find information on this page about how to apply for housing by mail, in person, or find the application on line

COVID-19 Announcement:

Although our offices are closed to the public, we continue to provide services to all clients via phone, fax and email. Please call the Bruce County Housing Services office at 519-396-3439 for any inquires or for more information.

Please Note: All playgrounds and play structures at County owned buildings are closed until further notice.

Housing Registry

To obtain housing assistance in Bruce County you must submit an application and will be placed on a waitlist. This includes Bruce County Housing Corporation units, non-profit units and private rent supplement.

Eligible candidates must be:

  • 16 years of age or older
  • Canadian citizen, landed immigrant or refugee with no arrears with any social housing provider in the province.

If you require assistance filling out your application or have any questions please contact the housing office.


No vacancies at this time. 

To apply for housing


Bruce County Community Housing Registry

(519) 396-3450 ext. 104 or 1-877-396-3450 ext. 104

Pick Up:

An application can be picked up at the Bruce County Housing office at 325 Lambton St., Kincardine, the Bruce County administration office at 30 Park St., Walkerton, or at one of the Resource Offices located at 910 Queen St., Kincardine, 1243 MacKenzie Road., Port Elgin or 268 Berford St., Wiarton.


Download the Application here

To be eligible you must:

  • Be a Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant, or have Refugee Claimant Status and have no deportation order.
  • Have at least one person in your household who is 16 years or older.
  • Not owe rent arrears or damages to any social housing provider or have misrepresented your household income.
  • If you own a house, you must agree to put it up for sale upon offer to lease and sell within six months

Metis Nation

The purpose of the program is to address the housing needs in designated communities.

Infinity Property Services
Phone: 1-800-891-5882 or 1-705-736-5143

Women’s House Serving Bruce and Grey

For women and children leaving situations of domestic violence. Women's House provides emergency shelter and second stage housing.

Women’s House Serving Bruce and Grey
Phone: (519) 396-9655 or 1-800-265-3026

Family Y Housing Support Program

Support to any individuals and families over the age of 16 who require assistance securing or maintaining housing

Phone: 519-371-9230 or 1-800-265-3711

Community Connections Housing & Support

Housing and support services for persons with mental health disabilities

Phone: (519) 371-2390 or 1-800-235-2967

Complete the application by following the instructions provided.

If you have specific questions about your application or need help to complete it, please contact the Applicant Assistant 519-396-3450 ext 104 or 1-877-396-3450 ext 104

If you move or your phone number of family status changes please contact the Applicant Assistant to update your application.

Applications are placed on the waitlist by the application date. When a unit becomes available it will be offered to the first person on the waitlist. However, women and their families, who have experienced domestic violence are given special priority status.

Contact us
Tania Dickson
Housing Services Manager
Human Services
Location:  Bruce County Housing Tel:  519-396-3450

Housing and Property

This is where to start exploring the options. Our hope is that you discover a compassionate and sharing community like no other.

Divisional Information

Housing Services
Departmental Information Human Services
Financial Assistance for Eligible Families Child Care Fee Subsidy