2017 Eligible Communities for a Community Signage include:
Ripley, Lucknow, Walkerton, Mildmay, Lion’s Head, Wiarton, Southampton, Port Elgin, Kincardine.
In order to qualify for a Community Sign Grant:
- Applicants must be a municipality, established or incorporated group or a stakeholder group in partnership with an incorporated group, and must have municipal support.
- Projects must not have commenced prior to the awarding of the requested grant.
- Projects must be completed by October 31st, 2017. Extensions are not granted. If money is not spent it will be deemed an incomplete project and you will need to reapply next year.
- Applicants must provide a minimum 50% cash contribution towards the total cost of the project for which they are applying for a grant.
- If applicant receives addition funding sources, they are required to provide a minimum 33% cash contribution
- Taxes are the full responsibility of the applicants.
- Eligible Project costs must be actual cash outlay to third parties acting at arms length and which can be documented through original invoices or proofs of payment
- Signs must be installed within a participating municipality.
- All necessary permits must be in place and copies attached to the grant application.
- Signs must be consistent with the County of Bruce Signage & Wayfinding Standards Manual