Throughout 2021, Bruce County residents, businesses, and visitors are invited to help Plan the Bruce.
As a community, Bruce County is embarking on a journey to a new County Official Plan, the roadmap to guide development and growth for the next 25 years. This is a major project that will have a lasting impact on how Bruce County will be shaped in the future. You are encouraged to get involved and offer feedback on land use planning — where homes, businesses, schools, parks, roads and infrastructure are built, and how communities grow and manage change.
“The Official Plan affects everyone in Bruce County — from the roads we use and the homes we live in, to the natural spaces we enjoy and the places we shop,” says Bruce County Warden, Janice Jackson. “By participating in the Plan the Bruce project, you can influence Bruce County’s future.”
“We have an opportunity to guide growth and prepare for land use changes that are coming to Bruce County in the future,” says Mark Paoli, Bruce County’s Director of Planning and Development. “With your help, we can create policy that accurately reflects community needs — now and into the future.”
With community input, the County of Bruce is developing policy direction for eight land use planning projects:
- Homes: Increasing availability and mix
- Good Growth: Combining development with preservation of character
- Business: Growing economic health through business diversity
- Connecting: Bringing our communities closer together
- Communities: Making healthy communities a priority
- Natural Legacy: Managing what we inherited for future generations
- Agriculture: Ensuring the future of food thrives here
- Heritage: Identifying and promoting our unique culture
The new Official Plan will build vibrant communities that people are proud to call home or visit and will attract business investment.
Learn more and join the conversation at planthebruce.ca.