The logistics of moving patrons through the jail in a safe manner was of utmost concern. The Walkerton Jail is a building designed to keep people in. Considering that, the layout of the building and its small entryways created safety concerns and accessibility issues. The committee held several meetings to discuss risk mitigation. Cost assessments and liability concerns resulted in the committee’s responsible choice to forgo the event and focus efforts on other upcoming projects.
Over the past year, the committee organized a number of amazing community celebrations including:
- The Bruce 150 New Years’ Gala,
- Bruce 150 Curling Bonspiel,
- Bruce Remembers: Military Reunion Luncheon,
- Bruce County Doors Open, and
- Also provided sponsorship for the CF Snowbirds Airshow.
We encourage communities and visitors to continue 150th celebrations by:
- Visiting our Bruce County Outreach Trailer (locations listed on www.brucecounty150.ca),
- Attending the Bruce 150 Art Reveal on September 27 Location - The Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre, and
- Attending the year-end Bruce 150 Time Capsule Dedication in December
For more information: visit www.brucecounty150.ca