To view the construction update for the Paisley area click here:
On Friday, May 1st, 2020 Ontario Provincial government approved Municipal Construction Projects to move forward in a safe manner.
The health and safety of workers is a major concern amid the global COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, all parties must place an increased focus on health and safety in order to keep job sites open.
All measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 should be done in compliance with requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated regulations and public health directives issued by the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
The Bruce County Transportation and Environmental Services Department administers a road system composed of 'collector and arterial' roads, which distinguishes the County system from the local municipal road system. This system provides a consistent level of service between local urban, industrial, commercial and recreational centres. The Transportation and Environmental Services Department also coordinates Waste Management for the County.
- Arran Township Shed Bridge (Invermay)
- Master Transportation Plan
- George Grant Bridge
- Teeswater River Bridge (Paisley) Environmental Assessment
- Bruce Road 3 & 4 Construction
- Bruce Road 25 and Bruce Road 33
- West Road Environmental Assessment
- Formosa North Hill Rehabilitation - Deferred until 2020/2021
- Bruce Road 30 (1st Ave. North) Chesley
- North Saugeen River in Chesley
- John Black Bridge
Roads & Bridges Capital Program 2020 - 2024
- 2020 -2024 Bridge Program
- 2020-2024 Bridges - Map
- 2020-2024 Road Program Map (North)
- 2020-2024 Road Program Map (South)
- 2020-2024 Road Program
The bridge, culvert and road construction maps and program identify tentative road and structure projects for the next five years. This documents are for planning purposes only, all projects are subject to County Council approval and priority may change based on condition of the roads.
Transportation and Environmental Services
The Department has approximately 650 km of road and approximately 148 bridges under its jurisdiction and is responsible for the following activities:
Roads and Bridges
- Construction and general maintenance