An International Women's Day Event with Samra Zafar,
Bestselling Author, Speaker, Educator for Mental Health & Human Rights.
Presented by Business to Bruce and
Women's House Serving Bruce & Grey
Date: Monday, March 8, 2021
Time: 6 to 8 p.m. EST
Location: Virtual online event
Tickets: No cost, however please consider making a donation to the Women's House Serving Bruce & Grey when registering
View the Promotional Poster - IWD 2021.pdf for full event details and a list of WHSBG sponsors.
Winter 2021 Webinars
Bruce County's Business to Bruce programs organizes series of business development seminars, webinars, and other learning opportunities to start, grow, or advance a business. Register for all events through our Eventbrite page.
Preparing and understanding your cash flow statement | February 25, 2021 | 10 am
- Managing your business "blood" pressure.
How to expand your profit margins | March 4, 2021 | 10 am
- Raise the bridge or lower the river?
Branding and marketing tips and tricks | March 8, 2021 | 10 am
- Learn how to make your branding and marketing strategies actually produce results!
Writing for online & print | March 10, 2021 | 12 pm
- People don't read the way they used to. Learn how to create engaging content that works.
Setting up a Google My Business Listing | March 18, 2021 | 10 am
-Get found online! Set up a Google My Business listing.
Social media - platforms | March 22, 2021 | 10 am
- Find out which social media platforms you should be using to reach your customers.
Social media - content development | March 24, 2021 | 10 am
- Attract new customers, retain existing customers, and grow your social media followers.
Using Photography to Promote Business | March 25, 2021 | 7 pm
- Learn tips on how to take and utilize photos to help your business’s online image.
Employment Standards Act | March 26, 2021 | 10am
- What do Ontario's labour laws mean for your business? Do you know your rights and responsibilities?
How to advertise on social media | March 29, 2021 | 10 am
- Learn how to set up paid ads on platforms like Facebook and Instagram
How to build a website and sell online | March 31, 2021 | 10 am
- Don't miss a beat getting your business properly set up online
How to set up and use Google AdWords | April 7, 2021 | 10 am
- Learn how to use Google AdWord and get found!
When and where to begin on social media | April 9, 2021 | 10 am
- Learn which Social media to use, and how to reach your target market!
Video marketing for your business | April 12, 2021 | 12 pm
- Learn how to use video to reach your customers - and find new ones - to improve and grow your business!
How to use QuickBooks (Desktop Version) | April 14, 2021 | 10 am
- Accurate bookkeeping is essential for a clear picture of a company’s financial health. QuickBooks can save you time and risks of an audit.
Setting up payroll using QuickBooks | April 19, 2021 | 10 am
- Perfect your payroll using Quickbooks online
The Business of Art Workshop Series
Led by artists, for artists, this free workshop series is presented by Business to Bruce and Southampton Arts.
Primarily for the entrepreneurial maker community, each module in this six-part series supports artists and artisans interested in taking their passion to market. The series will help guide artists through creating materials specific to the arts sector, defining their brand, pricing, the logistics of working with retail partners, and taking their work on the show circuit.Poster - Business of Art Workshop Series 2021.pdfPoster - Business of Art Workshop Series 2021.pdf
For more information or to register for free, visit: southamptonartscentre.com/adult-classes.
Workshops can be attended in-person or online, with modifications to the online content.
Define Your Brand | February 9, 2021 | 1 pm
Presented by Kate Civiero
As an artist or artisan, your business rests on the communication of what you make and the aesthetic you define to connect with your audience.
Work Your Image | February 23, 2021 | 1 pm
Presented by Heater Travis
Discover what social media platform is best for you, how to find your online voice, and create an aesthetic that’s on-brand for you.
Product Photography | March 7, 2021 | 10 am
Presented by Kate Civiero
The images you use to promote your work are crucial components of a visual-based business.
Sell It | March 9, 2021 | 1 pm
Presented by Kate Civiero
Pricing is one of the most difficult decisions for many makers starting out. Learn to identify the real costs of what you make and align with what your market will support.
Take it to Market | March 23, 2021 | 1 pm
Presented by Morag Budgeon and Alan McIntosh
Applying to shows means having the right materials organized, creating a schedule of application and event deadlines and considering how a jury will view your work.
Online Roundtable Discussions:
Hear how other makers began, grew, and pivoted their businesses and ask all those questions you have always wanted to know.
Growth stage | February 23, 2021 | 7 pm
Once you move past the start-up phase and realize that a) you are going to make a living at this, and b) you have a bigger capacity to sell than you thought, you have some big decisions to make.
Challenges | March 30, 2021 | 7 pm
In the rush of the start-up and growth phases, we tend to see our biggest challenges as fairly predictable ones; not being able to sell enough or meet our expenses.
Looking for a specific topic?
If there is a topic that you'd like to see, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into it. We want to provide our entrepreneurs with the learning tools they need to succeed and grow! Subscribe to our e-newsletters to stay up to date and/or follow us on Facebook for the latest information.