Bruce County Social Services Home Child Care Program:
Offers children individualized care in a small group setting.
Encourages each child to build trusting relationships with others.
Helps each child fully develop.
Supports parents who work or attend school or need respite.
Provides a safe setting for up to six placed children from 0 to 13 years of age (including the provider’s own children under 6 years).
The Home Child Care Program provides care for children in private homes through contracts with approved Home Child Care Providers.
The Home Child Care Program offers flexible child care options to eligible families:
- When there is no local Child Care Centre/Nursery School
- When parents work or attend school at irregular hours
- When children cannot attend a Child Care Centre/Nursery School because of their age (under eighteen months or school aged)
All Home Child Care Providers Must:
- Offer positive experiences to children in your home, view children as competent, capable and rich in potential
- Be committed to offering a quality child care program.
- Build positive & responsive relationships with children and their families.
- Be flexible in daily routines, offering indoor and outdoor activities.
- Provide environments and experiences to engage children in active, creative, and meaningful exploration, play and inquiry
The Home Child Care Program Requirements include:
- Have a criminal reference check, which includes vulnerable sector check.
- Follow the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Health and Safety Requirements,
- Home Safety Inspection, and
- Child Development
- Comply with municipal fire and health regulations and zoning bylaws.
- Obtain Standard First Aid prior to being approved.
- Follow Ratios.
- Call Bruce County Social Services and Housing Department to apply
As A Home Child Care Provider:
- You establish your own home-based child care business
- Receive ongoing support regarding children and families from Bruce County Children’s Services staff
- Access resources
- Learn new skills
- Share program ideas with other Home Child Care Providers
- Work with a licensed Home Child Care Program
A Childcare Case Worker will meet you in your home to:
- Review Bruce County's policy and procedures.
- Complete a safety inspection of your home. Explain the process for a criminal reference check, a fire safety inspection and a medical.
- Provide required forms and advise you about completing them.
If your home meets our requirements, Bruce County will sign a contract with you.
The Child Care Case Worker will connect you with a family seeking Home Child care for their children. Bruce county makes every effort to ensure a good match between providers and families