- Make sure your car is in good working order. If you need to top up any fluids, make sure to dispose of used fluids and containers at the County's hazardous waste collection events. Tires need changing? Used tires can be brought to the landfill for recycling at no cost.
- If cooking with propane or other combustible gas cylinders, return empty containers for proper disposal. Single-use propane tanks can be brought to the County's hazardous waste collection events.
- Stopping for a coffee break? Bring your own mug.
- Keeping the children entertained with electronic devices? Use rechargeable batteries and recycle used batteries and unwanted electronic items at the landfill site.
- Prepare a picnic - grabbing fast food on the go can take a toll on the planet's resources from paper and plastic to emissions. Take along food in reusable containers or stop at a local food market.
It's the Start of Summer
For many of us, it is also the start of summer road trips. Whether a trip to the cottage or exploring the Bruce, here are some tips that can help make the trip a little greener...